Friday, September 3, 2010

You Don't Wanna Know

I'm not the type for long drawn out answers. Random topic, I know, but I've found that most times, people ask questions they don't want answers to. Humans are interesting. They're always seeking comfort and safety. Many can't function outside what they hold to be truth. But what is truth?

That is one question man has struggled with since the dawn of time. We've toyed with the idea so much that it's true meaning can only be guessed at. I have my own definition of truth. Truth is what the world wants to hear. Think about it. When your best friend asks you if she looks fat in a dress that is obviously too small for her, you already know what the right answer is. It's not yes, you're practically busting out of it. The right answer is: "No honey. You look absolutely gorgeous." When you parents ask you if you are sexually active (btw that word sickens me... is there some point where your sexuality deactivates?) you already know what to say. "No MOM, I've never went there with a guy."

So I've decided that truth is a myth. And since it's a myth, I can make my own truth. I can be whoever I want. Because my true self is whoever I want to be. The truth is no longer sacred and so I say to hell with conformity! No one knows the truth, but me!

No comments:

Post a Comment