Monday, March 21, 2011

Giving Up the Ghost

I hold onto things a lot longer than necessary--friendships, relationships, jeans. I like to fix things, or fix myself so that they work out. My caring spirit is something that other people admire. It's the one thing I hate the most. I tend to put the hapiness of others ahead of mine. I let people believe they can take advantage of me just to keep peace. I let people think they're right, and that I agree with them just so that they're happy. I've tried to convince myself that as long as the people I love are happy, I'm happy. And most of the time, that's the case. But every once in a while, crap builds up, and I can't handle it anymore. When the people I try so hard to keep happy start fussing at me, stuff doesn't go so great.

Sometimes holding on to the not-so-good things messes up the great things. Does that make sense? I have the most amazing boyfriend EVER. So why do I feel like I need to hold on to a friendship that stesses me out so much? Especially when it's also upsetting my boyfriend. I don't anymore. I can't hold onto it.

No comments:

Post a Comment