Thursday, November 3, 2011

Why Can't We Be In Love

So much drama we've weathered
Our binding never for long severed
Nothing ever enough to tear us apart
Nothing capable of emptying our hearts

Then why can't we be in love?
Is it not predestined above?
Has our time together not proved
That our love, this love, is true.

So why aren't we IN love?
Is it not written in the stars above?
Can we be like Romeo and juliet
With love that loves till death?

My love for you is much like a tree.
It begins in my roots
And extends to very tip of me.

It like a lion's roar
Obnoxious and boisterous
And from my very essence it poors.

So why are we not in love?
It simply is not predestined nor written above
I love you way too much
To entertain the possibility of a relationship making us lose touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment