Saturday, January 7, 2012

.

I don't want to be an annoying white girl.
I don't want to be sucked in by every guy that talks of love.
I don't want to be who you want me to be.
I don't want to have a personality pre-made for me.
I don't know who I am yet.
But I know what I want.
I want to make a difference in the world.
Do something that will change peoples lives.
I want to be real with people.
To speak my mind without having it thrown back in my face or ignored.
I want every word i say to mean something.
Not just useless banter used to make yourself look clever.
I want to be real I want to be real I want to be real.
I don't want to be a plastic doll like the rest of you.
Waiting to be positioned in the shop window.
I know I have to try.
I can't just sit here restlessly.
But I will.
I will sit here with my mouth shut and my hands tied behind my back.
Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment