Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blasted Snow

Early this morning, they woke me up out of my bed to shovel snow. My sister had to go to work. Kola drives a '98 Honda Accord. It's a pretty low car, so we had to do a heckuva lot of shovelling. After ten bothersome minutes of being outside, I ran back into the house on the verge of tears. (I cry when I'm sleepy.) And although my mum isn't my persona favorita in this world, I ran straight to her. In my sleepy voice i whined, "Mummy! I can't go back out vere! I can't! My fingews awe cowld and my toes awe fweezing! I can't move vem!"

My mum took a second to respond. I think she was shocked. You see, my mum doesn't live with me; she's just visiting. And she hadn't heard me speak like that since I was what? Five or six years old? My mum surpressed a laugh. "Kola has to go to work, Michkie. You have to help her."

I buried my head in her shoulder and mumbled unintelligbly. Looking back on it, I have no idea why I was in such distress. I guess it was my tiredness compiled with the fact that I was annoyed from the night before. "Mummy my shtummy huwts!"

She didn't hold back her laughter that time. "You're what?!" She asked increduously.

"My shtummy... My shtumach."

So that's basically how my morning went until we finished shovelling. I was crankily pouting as I scooped up shovel after shovel of the cold white substance. I slipped a couple times, and I threw a fit quite a few times, but in the end, I did way more work that Kola did which gave me a sense of accomplishment. So maybe I'm not so useless after all.

1 comment:

  1. did she not realized u use sh's when ur sleepy ? lolz <3

    ReplyDelete