Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pretty 4.0

So here's the thing... We all want to be "pretty". It's inescapable. But we should watch our definition of pretty. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how much makeup we wear, how much are clothes cost, how our hair is done, as long as we're okay with who we are. Here are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs, Unpretty by TLC:


"I wish I could tie you up in my shoes
Make you feel unpretty, too.
I was told I was beautiful,
But what does that mean to you?
Look into the mirror who's inside there?
The one with the long hair.
Same old me again today.

My outsides look cool. My insides are blue.
Every time I think I'm through, it's because of you.
I've tried different ways, but it's all the same.
At the end of the day I have myself to blame.
I'm just trippin.

You can buy your hair if it won't grow.
You can fix your nose if he says so.
You can buy all the makeup that MAC can make,
But if you can't look inside you,
Find out who am I to
Be in a position to make me feel so damned

Unpretty.

Never insecure until I met you,
Now I'm bein' stupid.
I used to be so cute to me
Just a little bit skinny.
Why do I look to all these things
To keep you happy?
Maybe get rid of you
And then I'll get back to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment